Here’s how it works:
- Raise money within your brokerage: Funds can be raised by holding events such as casual days, golf tournaments, and BBQs, or a lump sum donation can be made by your brokerage.
- Submit your donation match request: After you’ve made your donation and have your tax receipt, fill out the online form, attach your receipt, and submit.
- Double your donations, up to $5,000 a year: When your request has been approved, we’ll send a letter and cheque (matching your donation up to $5,000 a year) to the charity. We will also send you a copy of the letter for your reference.
For more information, please contact your Business Development Manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
It’s important to us that the organization can clearly demonstrate and measure the social impact of their activities. Organizations must be:
- A not-for-profit, with a charitable Registration Number
- A Canadian organization, with the donated funds being applied in Canada
- Able to provide a tax receipt for the full amount of the donation
- Elementary and secondary public/separate schools
- Private schools or clubs
- Religious organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or lifestyle
- Sports teams and sporting events
- Support for individuals’ or individual families’ pursuits/fundraising initiatives
- Political donations
- Recreational groups (lodges, fraternal clubs, self-improvement organizations, etc.)
- Conferences, trade shows, fairs
- Golf tournaments
- Production of videos, DVDs, and television shows
Yes, we will match a donation that is divided among multiple charities, up to a total of $5,000 Canadian dollars.
Simply fill out our online form. Once you submit the form, it will be reviewed to make sure it falls under the guidelines outlined in this FAQ section. We will then write a letter accompanied by a cheque to your requested organization. We will also send you a copy of the letter for your reference.