Health & Social Services Insurance

Group therapy session
Group therapy session

As a professional in health and social services, you provide specialized care to those that need it most. Whether you provide counselling, long-term care, operate a medical lab or run a cultural institution, your business is exposed to a unique set of risks.

We can provide you with a tailored policy to address sensitive issues like abuse allegation and help protect you from other liability concerns, such as property damage.

What types of providers need insurance?

The work you do helps build stronger and safer communities. We understand that health and social service providers face challenging situations. As rules and regulations are implemented and best practices evolve, we’re here to help your business make the most informed decisions about how to protect your employees and the people you care for.

  • Ambulance Services
  • Assisted Living
  • Counselling
  • Cultural Institutions
  • General Hospitals
  • Medical Labs & Clinics
  • Mental Health Services
  • Nursing Homes & Long-Term Care
  • Public Health Units
  • Rehabilitation Clinics
  • Religious Institutions
  • Shelters

What types of insurance do health and social service providers need?

Your industry is about people – the people who are receiving a service, and the staff that provide it. In the event of loss or damage, it’s important that your business can get back up and running as soon as possible, because the services you provide are essential. Here are few types of coverages you may want to consider:

If a patient were to slip, fall and injure themselves at your clinic, you could be found liable and responsible for their compensation. Commercial general liability (CGL) insurance can help support you in this situation and can help you avoid substantial legal fees. It’s designed to cover your business if a third party suffers bodily injury or property damage wherever your business operates.

Severe weather such as heavy rain can impact your property and cause significant damage. Commercial property insurance can help cover property damage or loss and can help shoulder the costs to repair or replace equipment, accessories and incidentals, or even the building itself.
If one of your employees is involved in an accident using a company vehicle, their personal auto insurance won’t cover any resulting damage. Commercial auto insurance can help cover injuries to drivers, passengers, costs for a replacement vehicle, and even lost wages that result from a covered accident.

There are other helpful coverages you can add to your policy to protect your business, including:

What can you expect from your policy?

Our underwriting team understands the exposures in the education sector, so we can adapt and expand our offerings as our customers’ needs grow.

We hope you never experience a loss, but if you do, you can count on our dedicated claims team to help get you back to business. We’ll work together with your broker to get the claims process underway as soon as your claim is reported, and we’ll always keep you in the loop. If any questions or concerns should arise, don’t fret – we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You can enjoy the perks of your policy well before you experience a loss. Our Risk Services team works hard to help keep your business running safely, smoothly, and consistently with detailed bulletins, workplace risk assessments, and onsite training.

Managing Risk

Unparalleled industry expertise, professional guidance, and innovative approaches to managing risk help our Northbridge Risk Services experts stay one step ahead of the crowd. Each year, our team conducts over 5,000 risk assessments and service calls for businesses across Canada. Our onsite assessments are complemented by a selection of in-depth training programs and educational tools to help companies excel in their industries.

Our Risk Services team offers technical publications to help you gain a better understanding of the potential exposures in your industry, and they can provide personal guidance to help fine-tune your daily operations. Find out more about what our experts can do for your business here.

Resources for Health & Social Services

How to deal with property water damage

Water issues can arise due to a number of different causes, including precipitation, weather-related events, underground sources, and improperly installed pipes during construction. If uncontrolled

* Legal Assist not provided for criminal, personal or insurance issues, do not provide representation in legal proceedings or legal fees coverage, and provided by Assistenza International, through lawyers licensed in your jurisdiction. Risk Management Assist provided by our Risk Services specialists and are intended to augment your internal safety, compliance and risk management practices, and are not a substitute for professional or legal advice. Trauma Assist provided by independent third-party professionals, long-term and specialized counseling not included. Cyber Assist provided by CyberScout services are not included in any cyber extension or endorsements. Services are not an insurance policy, not all policies are eligible, contact us for details.

Get a quote

    Contact Us

      Contact Us