Stay in the know with our compilation of top stories that could have an impact on your company or your industry. Here is this week’s Noteworthy News:
Noteworthy News – December 15, 2016
- The U.S. Federal Reserve is set to raise interest rates from 0.5% to 0.75%. Here are four major reasons why Canadians should care. Via CBC News.
- Statistics Canada finds that Canadian household debt is continuing to rise. A recent report found that the average Canadian owed $1.67 for every dollar of disposable income. Via Global News.
- New research by Majesco found that 80% of the small-medium businesses in the U.S. are not getting the insurance coverage they need from their providers. The report found the traditional insurance business model hasn’t been altered to meet the unique needs of these types of organizations. Via Canadian Underwriter.
- Truck stops may be getting more sustainable. eNow, a renewable energy company, has recently partnered with IdleAir to provide low-carbon based power solutions for truck stops throughout the U.S. The new technology allows truck drivers to avoid leaving their engines to idle during rest periods. Via Today’s Trucking.
- Residents in Manitoba need to be on alert for potential flooding. The Winnipeg provincial government has reported record high precipitation for the month of October, which could result in spring floods throughout the province. Via Metro News Winnipeg.
This blog is provided for information only and is not a substitute for professional advice. We make no representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information and will not be responsible for any loss arising out of reliance on the information.