Trump’s trade war heats up with a big tariff on Canadian softwood lumber, Google and Fiat Chrysler roll out their new self-driving cars in a public trial and cargo theft is way up in Ontario. Here’s this week’s Noteworthy News.
Noteworthy News – April 26, 2017
- Trump is implementing a 20% tariff on softwood lumber, but Trudeau is ready to stand up for Canada’s natural resource as official NAFTA talks draw near. Via CBC News
- The risk of workplace violence and terrorism may seem to be climbing, but experts suggest that staff can play a huge role in identifying and mitigating threats. Via Canadian Underwriter
- Curious about the self-driving experience? Google and Fiat Chrysler are teaming up to offer rides in their autonomous hybrid minivans to get some public feedback. Via Canadian Underwriter
- Ontario is one of the worst North American regions for cargo theft this year, second only to California. With a 262% year-over-year increase in cargo thefts, some carriers in the province are on edge. Via Truck News
- The Government of Quebec and the Government of Canada will each invest more than $2.2 million in new construction projects to spruce up existing elements and add new structures in the Portneuf region. Via On-Site